More Furniture Rehab
Last week, I went to a local thrift store and came home with a couple of pieces of second-hand furniture that needed some TLC. I brought home this:


And I turned them into this:

And this:

I'm pretty sure Sean came home and thought I was nuts, but I think the bench fits nicely on our front porch, and the chair found a home at my sewing machine. But I enjoyed a beautiful day outside (minus the paint fumes) and got two "new" pieces of furniture for under $40.00.
And this:
And I turned them into this:
And this:
I'm pretty sure Sean came home and thought I was nuts, but I think the bench fits nicely on our front porch, and the chair found a home at my sewing machine. But I enjoyed a beautiful day outside (minus the paint fumes) and got two "new" pieces of furniture for under $40.00.
For more inspiration, head over to A Soft Place to Land for DIY Day!


10 people had this to say::
I love the bench!! I was actually wishing today that I had a front porch that I could put a bench on. I'm a little jealous, I must admit. Oh, and the chair looks awesome!
I LOVE that bench. Turned out great. I have been thinking of putting a bench in my entry way. You have inspired me. And awesome chair for the sewing machine. PERFECT!
Those look great. It is a lot of work to rehab furniture. Sometimes I think it is worth the money to just get it new! :) How rewarding those projects must have been. Nice job.
I have a lot of really good memories of sitting on our bench on the front porch growing up. :) Both of your finds look great Dianne, good work!
I love that bench, what a great find! Both pieces look great!
I SO want a bench! Yours turned out FABO!
I was a little unsure when I saw the chair... but that color & fabric you chose WORKS! Love the colors on the bench too. Great job!
Freakin awesome!
GREAT job on the bench! I know how hard those are to sand down! It looks awesome :)
That bench is fabulous! Great job!!
Post a Comment